Sunday, October 17, 2010

Huntsman Family Cruise

 My parents took us all on a cruise to the Western Caribbean on the Carnival Legend.  We had a total of 18 people in our group.  Our timing wasn't the best, as a hurricane caused us to miss stops in Mexico, Honduras, and Belize, but we were able to stop in Grand Cayman and Jamaica.
 When we stopped in Grand Cayman, a few of us went to the beach, while others went to Stingray City.  Corbin loved the beach.  He could have played in the sand all day.  He enjoyed the water until the waves got bigger and bigger from the distant storm.
Carnival had a Kid's Club where we could leave the kids for a while.  Corbin loved it and always had great stories to tell over ice cream at night.  They always had great activities for the kids.
When we stopped in Jamaica, the family piled into two vans and we were given a tour of the island.  We did a little shopping and spent most of the day at a little beach where Corbin had a ball...
 Due to the storm, we spent more time at sea than actually planned.  We took advantage of the time and hit the pool every day at sea.  The kids loved it.

 We were excited every night to see what cool things were made out of towels for us by the staff.  I had to put this picture in.
 One of the best things about the trip was that we all met every night for dinner in the dining room.  The food was excellent, and the staff members were great with the kids.  Corbin loved to dance with Marie.
The kids got succored into going to this little "grotto" for pictures.  It made Jeremy a little nervous, but the pictures aren't bad.
Above is from one of the two dress up nights we had on the ship.  This is one of the few pictures that include all three of us.
Here is the whole group, minus the three guys taking pictures. My parents have a picture of the whole family, but we need to make copies for everyone.

Someone talked all the ladies into posing together.
I had to put this one on.  Corbin just looked so cute.  

You may notice that there aren't too many pictures of me in here.  Who would wan pictures of an almost seven-month pregnant woman?

5 comments:

Karli said...

okay, what?! Did I miss an announcement somewhere? You should have called me! (: congratulations! I wondered when the new Pratt baby would come along..and I'm so excited our boys will all be close-what fun to have distant cousins close in age & proximity. Love you guys and really really want to come see you. Maybe the boys and I can come by for a real life tour/playdate next week? Your house is absolutely gorgeous by the way!

Karli said...

PS: where did you get Corbin's darling bed? I've been looking for a twin for Grayson (he like falls out of the toddler bed) and haven't found one I love...

Christie Moak said...

Congratulations!! What are you having? I'm so excited for you two. Let me know when you are in town and we will get together.

Unknown said...

How amazing is that. I bet you had a blast. I am sorry you missed out on all those places but Jamica was our favorite:). Corbin is so cute!!!

Karen and Mike said...

Your cruise looked like so much fun!