Thursday, July 22, 2010

Big Boy Bed



Moving and trying to transition a boy from a crib to a bed is a bit of a daunting task.  We were trying to decide how to do all of that at once.  I decided to go for it and we bought Corbin a new "big boy bed" when we moved into our new house.  I was worried that the transition would not be smooth, but it was amazingly easy.  The first few times, he didn't even get out of bed in the morning.  He would stay in his bed and call for us from there.  We would come into his room and tell him that he could get out, a he would climb down.  Now he gets up in the morning and comes into our bedroom to see if we are awake.

The move to the new house was surprisingly smooth.  I would credit that to the fact that my parents came up from Utah and helped for a good week.  Jeremy was amazed at the progress.  He would go to work and when he came back in the evening, the house was more and more put together.  My dad even went as far as refinishing two bedroom sets of furniture for us.  They were a great help.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Good for you! I cringe at the thought of putting Sarah in a bed! At the rate we're at, she'd be in our room every hour!- oh wait, we're already there:).
When are you going to post pictures of your house? I'm really excited to see it. I'm sure it looks great! You're a wonderful decorator!